Our Hospice Team at Hospice Care of the Northwest provides caring & compassionate services to terminally ill patients and their families. We believe that the final phase of life can be filled with quality and love, so that death may be met with dignity and in comfort.
Patient Care Settings
Patient and family needs vary while in the hospice program. Hospice Care of the Northwest provides two alternatives to the home care setting in order to meet each patient and family’s needs.
- Nursing Care Facilities: Patients residing in nursing care facilities may receive Hospice Care of the Northwest services. If the patient is eligible for the hospice benefit, the nursing care facility is designated as the patient’s residence and the nursing staff as the primary care giver.
- In-Patient Care: If temporary hospitalization is required for pain or symptom control, or respite care is needed for family; hospice offers special in-patient hospice facilities.
Hospice Care of the Northwest provides personalized care directed at helping the patient and family handle the entire range of physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs when a loved one is dying. With a focus on comfort rather than curative care, Hospice Care of the Northwest emphasizes relief of physical symptoms and emotional support. Our care centers on:
- Pain and symptom control
- Spiritual support as needed
- Bereavement support for families and friends
- Emotional support
- 24 hour on call, 7 days a week availability